We offer low cost, equipped lease space to start your own practice in a busy are, while being affiliated with an incredible and fast growing company.
OQ is a unique international Optical Dispensary which was founded in March 2017 by a close group of friends to provide affordable high fashion optical eyewear to the style savvy. In the UK, we have a total of 13 boutiques located in London, Leeds, Brighton, Bristol, Bath, and Cardiff. In Canada, we have a total 14 boutiques located in British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta.
Healthcare is the foundation of the eyewear business, and we take that seriously. In order to fulfill our commitment to incredible eyewear we have friendly, in-store opticians, and offer eye exams at most locations to ensure eye healthcare is at the core of every decision. We are patient-focused and lifestyle-driven, our goal is to meet individual patient needs and find eye care solutions to satisfy those needs. As trusted community healthcare professionals, our doctors are dedicated to bringing superior healthcare to all of our patients through open communication.
We are proud to offer:
- Retinal Photography
- Equipped exam lanes
- A well-trained optical team
- State-of-the-art optical lab that supplies our boutiques
- Marketing support
Doctors of Optometry at OQ provide complete eye care services including:
- Eye exams
- Contact lens fitting
- Visual field analysis
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye disease
- Cataract and refractive surgery co-management
Our Optometrist are:
- Excited to grow and foster a new practice in a self-starter environment with endless potential
- Passionate about delivering the best health care and achieving the optimal outcomes for patients
- Ability to make patients at ease knowing they are receiving the best quality eye examination
- Professional, friendly disposition and keen sense of humor
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing environments
- Fluent in written and verbal English (knowledge of a second language is an asset)
- Live the OQ values – Honest, open and collaborative
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- OD Degree from ACOE approved College of Optometry
- State Optometrist License
- Ability to communicate with customers and teammates
- Must demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service
WHO IS OQ?
We’re a motley crew of doers, thinkers, makers and creators from across the globe that have come together to create something special for our friends, our customers, our communities. Our specialty? Exceptional, in-house designed eyewear at an affordable price.
We come from a foundation of independence. That means we keep prices fair – while using the best quality materials - by designing all frames in-house and only selling via our own boutiques.
In order to make the process easy, honest and open, this starts with offering one price point across all frames, including prescription lenses.
Some might say, we’re your modern-day spectacle-wearing hero/ines with a penchant for style! Ok, we said some.
What else will you find at an OQ boutique? A charismatic bunch of people who like to chat and do things together. Lots of things. Collaboration and community involvement is how we come up with the really good stuff.
Be part of the OQ Crew! Come and work with our close-knit team in one of our nine in-house designed Canadian boutiques.
Email us with your resume, a note about yourself and your favorite OQ frame to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with “Attn: STORE NAME – Optician” in the subject.
While we thank you for your submission, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.